I am attorney Charles Smaistrla. At my office, I bring more than 27 years of experience to clients in the Hill Country and throughout Central Texas. My practice includes estate planning, wills and trusts,probate, and guardianship proceedings, as well as administrative law and economic consulting. I enjoy working directly with a range of clients, helping them plan for the future. My knowledge, skill, and broad experience enable me to help a variety of clients reach their goals.
About Lawyer Charles Smaistrla
A native Texan, I graduated from Texas A&M University and earned my law degree from the University of Texas Law School. I also hold a Ph.D. in economics from Texas A&M University.
I have been practicing law since 1983. I served as briefing attorney for United States District Judge Jack Roberts and served as an Administrative Law Judge at the Texas Public Utility Commission. Seeking to work directly with clients, I opened my own private practice in 1991. The way I see it, practicing law allows me to help solve people’s problems. My economics experience gives me insight into the practical aspects of my clients’ lives.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1983
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1984
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
Honors and Awards
- AV Rated Attorney by Martindale Hubble
Contact the Law Office of Charles Smaistrla
Please contact me online or call me at 512-795-0565. I offer initial consultations generally lasting one-half hour at no charge. Evening appointments are available by request. My office is located on Mo Pac Expressway in Austin, between Spicewood Springs Road and Far West Boulevard.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.